Sri Lanka is a beautiful country with a rich history and culture. It is also a great place to visit with your family. There are many things to see and do in Sri Lanka, and there is something for everyone.
Here are a few ideas for Sri Lanka family tours:
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is a must-see for any visitor to Sri Lanka. The fortress is located in the heart of the country and it is a stunning sight. You can climb to the top of the fortress for amazing views of the surrounding countryside.
Dambulla Cave Temples: These temples are home to over 1500 paintings and sculptures of Buddha and other Buddhist deities. The temples are carved into the side of a cliff and they are considered to be one of the most important Buddhist sites in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: Kandy is the former capital of Sri Lanka and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city is home to the Temple of the Tooth Relic, which is one of the most sacred Buddhist relics in the world.
Nuwara Eliya: Nuwara Eliya is a hill station in Sri Lanka and it is known for its cool climate and its tea plantations. The town is a popular destination for families and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Polonnaruwa: Polonnaruwa was the capital of Sri Lanka from the 11th to the 13th centuries and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The ruins of the ancient city are scattered throughout the countryside and they are a fascinating place to explore.
These are just a few ideas for Sri Lanka family tours. There are many other things to see and do in Sri Lanka, and you are sure to find something that your family will enjoy.
Here are a few tips for planning a Sri Lanka family tour:
- Choose the right time of year: The best time to visit Sri Lanka is during the dry season, which is from November to April. The weather is warm and sunny during this time, and there is less rain.
- Book your flights and accommodation in advance: Sri Lanka is a popular tourist destination, so it is important to book your flights and accommodation in advance.
- Pack for all types of weather: The weather in Sri Lanka can vary depending on the time of year. It is important to pack for all types of weather, including hot, sunny days, cool nights, and rain.
- Be prepared for crowds: Sri Lanka is a popular tourist destination, so there will be crowds at some of the popular tourist attractions. Be prepared for crowds and be patient.
- Be respectful of the local culture: Sri Lanka is a Buddhist country, so it is important to be respectful of the local culture. Avoid wearing revealing clothing and be respectful of religious sites.
With a little planning, you can plan a Sri Lanka family tour that your family will enjoy. Sri Lanka is a beautiful country with a lot to offer families.